Saturday 15 January 2011

Argyll's Radioman

"Sunray, this is Foxtrox. CONTACT! Out....."


Ex-Hotspur (Combat Miniatures) radioman. The original beret head had the earphones over both ears. I've modelled this one with the earphone above the right ear so he can still hear what's going on. I'm biased, but my favourite figure of the bunch.

That's the Argyll foot patrol complete. Still need a GPMG gunner for a full section, but as it stands, they are ready to do battle as is. As soon as I get a suitable model I'll add  it to the squad. In the meantime I'll work on a dedicated section leader figure.

I've had one of those road to Kathryn Jenkins moments recently. I used to be a real pain in the butt about accuracy - but you know, these days it's more about - does it look right. Yes! Move on! With that in mind, I've decided not to bother with sculpting cap badges or ribbons onto the Glengarry. The badge can be painted and the ribbons won't be noticeable on the table.

Cheers
Mark

3 comments:

  1. Looks good to me. It's easy to get bogged down in trying to make it perfect when it only needs to be good.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eli

    Heather also often reminds me "Not to let the perfect get in the way of the good" when I get bogged down in too much detail.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking conversion.I have never tried doing chop jobs on metal figures.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete